What is SCREEN CHANGER?
- An intensive learning and development bootcamp for Film/TV projects
- Tailored to your specific project needs and challenges
- Every project is allocated an exclusive industry project mentor assigned
- You get upmarket updates and tips from industry experts
- Specific tools to fast track your “test to market” project viability
- Local and international experts help participants identify and address specific creative and business requirements and challenges of each project
- Experts will highlight and address project weaknesses and build ideas how to strengthen them
- A strategic path forward for each project will be created
- Our bootcamp includes project presentations, project break-out sessions, industry expert sessions, expert feedback sessions and group work
- Sessions cover a broad spectrum of topics including project differentiation, creating a community, marketing, financial and business modelling, legal issues and much more.
- Teams will learn how to prepare a project business plan, 12month finance strategy, and a SWOT analysis and a pitch. Your teams will create, present and receive constructive feedback.
- A final event for teams to pitch their projects – both international and local
- Our intensive workshop will culminate with the opportunity to present projects to distributors and other decision-makers. Both local and international
- Every project will be allocated an exclusive industry project mentor tailored to your project needs
– Female directors and/or writers are encouraged to apply. We will assist you in finding the right people for your project. Even if you have less than 10 years’ experience, you are welcome to apply, because we will connect you to the experience you need.
– Screen Changer invites projects teams of up to 3 members.
– Female directors preferred.
– Ideally, at least one woman in your team must have over ten years industry experience and have successfully delivered a long format project to market in the last five years
– Feature film or Feature Documentaries only
COST per team:
$1500 per team for members
$1850 per team for non-members
Includes the 3-day intensive experience.
Food, travel and accommodation not included.
Applications Close – 14 May
Shortlist – 17 May
Shortlist IV – 22nd May
Project Teams Announcement – 26 May
Launch event – w/c 7 June
Launch – Monday w/c 24 May
Bootcamp – Monday 14 – Friday 18 June *(9am–11am or 8am–10am)
Bootcamp – Monday 21 – Friday 25 June (6pm–8pm)
SCREEN CHANGER HISTORY
- 4 Lottie Lyall Scholarship winners who have been mentored and networked across the globe
- 2 projects have been successfully financed after their Berlin Film Festival Trips and one production is underway (This is BIG! Our action delivers!)
- Our previous 2 screen tanks have workshopped 24 projects and we have mentored over 100 women how to progress their projects
- 2 projects are currently part of our Mentor to Market program
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply?
Anyone can apply. You do not need to be a Dame Changer member prior to applying. However, one member in your team needs to meet the membership eligibility requirements and your team must meet the Screen Changer eligibility requirements above.
What does a team look like?
Ideally it is a producer and director team. There must be a minimum of two people in the team, one of which meets the membership eligibility requirements
What does it cost to apply?
Application fee $120, for your membership (Non-Members can apply as well)
What will Screen Changer cost if my application is successful?
Screen Changer costs $1500 for members and $1850 for non-members to attend. If your team is from interstate you will need to get to Sydney and stay for three days. We will be encouraging the state agencies to assist with travel costs.
Do I need to be a Dame Changer member to apply for Screen Changer?
No you don’t need to be, but one of your team must meet the membership eligibility requirements.
Who should complete the application form?
A member of the team. It usually would be the producer, but does not have to be. The person who does complete the form and submit must meet the membership eligibility requirements.
I don’t yet have all the information requested on the form, for example I don’t have a finance plan. What do I do?
Don’t worry, just fill in what you can. We hope the workshop will enable you to fill in the gaps.