Submerge Yourself and Build Your Career
Dame Changer champions the success and growth of women-led projects and opportunities in the Australian screen industry. We do it by identifying and fast-tracking women-led projects of merit to market.
SCREEN CHANGER is an intensive bootcamp for film/TV projects designed to get female-led projects to market. This year, 2021, we will only accept 6 projects.
Are you ready to get your project on track to market?
What you get:
- The most tailored and dedicated project support you will ever receive
- A chance to pitch your projects to international and local industry leaders
- Specific tools to fast track your “test to market” viability
- Dedicated project mentor for your team
What it Takes:
- RIGHT PROJECT: This project should be developed to the stage where it’s ready to do the final test-to-market checks to be pitch ready.
- RIGHT TEAM: Participating projects must have at least one person 100% focused. Must be able to receive coaching and mentoring to stay committed to realising their goals. We are looking for risk-taking, visionary projects with ambition.
WHAT IS SCREEN TANK?
- An intensive learning and development bootcamp for Film/TV projects
- Tailored to your specific project needs and challenges
- Every project is allocated an exclusive industry project mentor assigned
- You get upmarket updates and tips from industry experts
- Specific tools to fast track your “test to market” project viability
- Local and international experts help participants identify and address specific creative and business requirements and challenges of each project
- Experts will highlight and address project weaknesses and build ideas how to strengthen them
- A strategic path forward for each project will be created
- Our bootcamp includes project presentations, project break-out sessions, industry expert sessions, expert feedback sessions and group work
- Sessions cover a broad spectrum of topics including project differentiation, creating a community, marketing, financial and business modelling, legal issues and much more.
- Teams will learn how to prepare a project business plan, 12month finance strategy, and a SWOT analysis and a pitch. Your teams will create, present and receive constructive feedback.
- A final event for teams to pitch their projects – both international and local
- Our intensive workshop will culminate with the opportunity to present projects to distributors and other decision-makers. Both local and international
- Every project will be allocated an exclusive industry project mentor tailored to your project needs
The 2019 full program is available here (example program).
Applications Close – Monday, 17 May
Shortlist –Monday, 24 May
Shortlist Interview – Saturday, 29th May
Project Teams Announcement – w/c 7 June
Bootcamp Week 1 –Mon 21, Tue 22, Wed 23rd *(9am–11am or 8am–10am)
Bootcamp Week 2 –Mon 28, Tue 29, Wed 30 June (6pm–8pm)
SCREEN TANK HISTORY
- 4 Lottie Lyall Scholarship winners who have been mentored and networked across the globe
- 2 projects have been successfully financed after their Berlin Film Festival Trips and one production is underway (This is BIG! Our action delivers!)
- Our previous 2 screen tanks have workshopped 24 projects and we have mentored over 100 women how to progress their projects
- 2 projects are currently part of our Mentor to Market program
At a Glance
2021 Featured Speakers
Speakers will be announced in the coming weeks and there will be an increased emphasis on reflecting on and applying learnings directly to the selected projects under the tutorage of Dame Changer Mentors.
The Screen Tank program is structured around three focussed business areas:
1. Audience and Marketing
2. Sales & Distribution
3. Sales, Release and Marketing Strategy.
Programming is subject to change as speakers are confirmed and will be flexible to accommodate the needs of the project teams attending.
Applications Close –Monday 17 May
Shortlist Announced – 17 May
Shortlist Interview –Sat 29 May
Project Teams Announcement –W/c 7 June
Bootcamp Week 1 –Mon 21, Tue 22, Wed 23rd *(9am – 11am or 8am – 10am)
Bootcamp Week 2 – Mon 28, Tue 29, Wed 30 June (6pm – 8pm)
At the conclusion of the Screen Tank, your team will have a project specific plan which outlines:
1-2 realistic and measurable goals
Action-steps required be taken to reach these goals
Additional resources available to help achieve goals
Timeline indicating when each step and goal will be completed
Screen Tank invites projects teams of up to 3 members.
At least 2 of the Heads of Department need to be women. Female directors preferred.
Ideally, at least one woman in your team must have over ten years industry experience and have successfully delivered a long format project to market in the last five years
Feature Film, TV Series (Drama or Factual), and Feature Documentaries only.
Female directors and/or writers are encouraged to apply. We will assist you in finding the right people for your project. Even if you have less than 10 years’ experience, you are welcome to apply, because we will connect you to the experience you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply?
Anyone can apply. To take advantage of the Member price, all participants must be Dame Changer members.
What does a team look like?
Ideally it is a producer and director team. There must be a minimum of two women in each team.
What will Screen Tank cost if my application is successful?
Screen Tank costs $1500 for members and $1850 for non-members to attend.
Do I need to be a Dame Changer member to apply for Screen Tank?
No you don’t need to be.
I don’t yet have all the information requested on the form, for example I don’t have a finance plan. What do I do?
Don’t worry, just fill in what you can. We hope the workshop will enable you to fill in the gaps.
2021 applications are now open.